This list of Chat Application commands comes directly from the BPQ32 web page, copied here for the convenience of VAPN patrons.
All commands start with a forward slash /. Any text not proceeded with a / is sent to all connected users in the current topic.
Commands can be in upper or lower case:
- /U — Show Users
- /N — Enter your Name
- /Q — Enter your QTH
- /T — Show Topics
- /T Name — Join Topic or Create new Topic. Topic Names are not case sensitive.
- /P — Show Ports and Links
- /A — Toggle Alert on user join.
- /C — Toggle Colour Mode on or off (only works on Console or BPQTerminal.
- /E — Toggle Echo.
- /Keepalive — Toggle sending Keepalive messages every 10 minutes.
- /ShowNames — Toggle displaying name as well as call on each message.
- /Auto — Toggle Automatic character set selection.
- /UTF-8 — Toggle Character set Selection – UTF* or 8 bit.
- /CodePage (or /CP) — Select Code Page to use when UTF8 is not selected.
- /Time — Toggle displaying timestamp on each message.
- /S CALL Text — Send Text to that station only.
- /F — Force all links to be made.
- /K — Show Known nodes.
- /B — Leave Chat and return to node.
- /QUIT — Leave Chat and disconnect from node
- Slash / commands are unique to the Chat environment.
- Pay close attention to the difference between /B and /QUIT.